Friday, July 8, 2011

Mother Teresa: In My Own Words





I borrowed this book from the library so that I could learn more about Mother Teresa and her work to help make the world a better place. This book didn't really do that. The introduction was interesting as it gave a couple quick snapshots of her early life and how she ended up in Calcutta taking the poor, sick and dying from the streets and offering them food, comfort, and love. But re rest of the book was really just a collection of quotes from her life that the author categorized into chapters about love, faith, poverty, etc. Since they were used out of context, they weren't really that helpful in providing me with an insight into her life as a missionary of charity. I've requested two more books about her form the library that look like they have more potential to provide me with the information I seek! If you've read one about her that you've enjoyed, please don't hesitate to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment