Monday, July 18, 2011

The Little Soul and the Sun

I was introduced to the parable of the little soul and the sun while reading the book Conversations with God (see previous post for more information about that book).


This is really a wonderful parable for children and adults alike, as it explains perhaps why people do "bad" things to us on earth. This offers an alternate explanation of people's behaviors, suggesting that possibly it's because they are helping us to know and experience something about our own selves. Without their help we might not remember Who we Are.


So maybe experiences we observe and label as bad, traumatic, terrible, and intolerable are really necessary to help us along this journey we call life.


I know I'll be reading this to my own children someday. I read it twice today, and both times there were tears in my eyes. It's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment