Sunday, July 3, 2011

Here today, gone to Maui!





Let me just begin by saying how much I LOVE Maui! I have had the good fortune of vacationing there twice in the past 5 years (once for my honeymoon - best decision - and the second time last summer with my in-laws). There really is no other place like it on earth (judged against the places I've been, anyway). It is what I imagine heaven to look like.






Anyway, I LOVE Maui (Kauai's pretty great, too, but Maui beats it by a hair) and was just THRILLED to catch a glimpse of this book by Carol Snow while staying at a little inn-like hotel on Little Sodus Bay off of Lake Ontario. I devoured it in less than 48 hours, and I must say it's a read-anywhere book. Of course, it would be a fantastic beach read, given the setting. The very beginning of the book takes place in California, but the rest is all on the tropical island of Maui. Having been there twice myself, it was entertaining to read about specific places I traveled to while there: Honolua Bay (fantastic snorkeling spot according to my husband - not a big snorkeler myself), Slaughterhouse Beach (the name alone would deter me from entering the water there), The Cannery Mall, Lahaina, Whaler's Village, Black Rock, Kaanapali Beach, North Shore, and the list goes on and on. If I ever hit it big somehow, I imagine myself leaving the rat race, moving to Maui, and enjoying a slower pace of life. (One of my favorite inspirational and spiritual people, Wayne Dyer, lives there, and that just affirms for me the tranquility that island can offer.






If you're looking for a cute, yet mysterious story set in the most beautiful and relaxing place on earth (in my opinion), then grab this book and read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment