Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mockingjay



(Blogger wasn't allowing me to upload my posts until today, so I'm a little behind and my posts may be out of order! Sorry for any confusion.)


I read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, which is the third and final book in the popular series The Hunger Games. For themost part, I enjoyed this book. However, I strongly maintaint that the first book grabbed and held my attention and interest from page 1. Sadly, Mockingjay was more challenging for me to read through. There were boring, drawn out parts that lasted much llonger than they needed to. There was enough action, although some could probably have been cut out, and then it just ended. Collins gave so much detail throughout all three books that it was easy for me to clearly picture every character, every tree, every piece of food, however she completely glazed over the ending. I found it to be an ending that just skimmed the surface, but it was satisfying and I was not left with questions.


I am excited to see the first movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment