Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Happiness Project (Part 3)

Well, I am a little more than halfway through this book right now. As I was reading today in the gym, I cam across what I believe to be an amazing truth: When you do for others, you feel happier, and when you feel happier you do more for others. How many of you also find this to be true?

Interestingly, as I was driving home from the gym I was listening to an audio CD of Ask and it is Given by Jerry and Esther Hicks and a piece jumped out at me: The greatest gift you can give to anyone is your happiness. It makes perfect sense to me! If I'm unhappy it will show through my attitude, behavior, and actions, thereby affecting the same of the people around me. BUT if I am happy, my thoughts, actions, behaviors, and attitude will reflect that and the people around me will feel happier in turn. Amazing that a simple concept can have such powerful impact. Imagine if more people lived their lives according to this principle. I think the world would be a very different place!

Goal for tomorrow? Exude happiness and infect others with joy :) I dare you!

(Update: I was unable to share any kind of happiness today because I allowed the first few people I encountered on my way into work to steal my joy. Consequently, I could not get myself into a realm of happiness and good thoughts for the remainder of the day. I intend to be better tomorrow, and to bring myself to a higher frequency of thought! Good feelings, good feelings, good feelings.....!)

1 comment:

  1. hi:
    Nicholas Christakis did studies on the degrees of separation of happiness.. If you're interested, check "The British Medical Journal" - I believe it was only 3 degrees!

    ReplyDelete