Tuesday, July 17, 2012

For the Love of Pete


I grew up listening to the exasperated phrase, "For Pete's sake", but never "For the love of Pete" until one day during a morning meeting. I thought, What a cute saying!, and started using it. Then, almost a year later I happened upon this book in a library sale and picked it up for 50 cents. The cover is totally cute - a purple and white VW Beetle with a daisy on the hood - and obviously the price was right. I figured that the worst case would be it turned out to be a dud and I could pass it on to someone else who might enjoy it. It turned out to be pretty good. The writing was so-so  - how can I get paid to be a proof-reader??? - and some dialogue exchanges weren't completely believable. BUT the action-packed plot had me turning pages quickly. This is a fun, quick read that you could finish in one beach day sitting/laying. Check it out! What have you got to lose...for the love of Pete?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment