Sunday, May 15, 2011

Under the Tuscan Sun




Well, my most recent reading venture was a little painful. I Love, love, LOVE the movie Under the Tuscan Sun starring Diane Lane (who doesn't love HER?). So, when I realized it was based on a book I just had to read it. Bad idea. Very bad. In my experience, no movie is ever better than the book. Evidently I was proven wrong with this one. The movie is infinitely better than the book. Due to my weird need to finish a book instead of abandoning ship, I forced myself to complete it. Three weeks later, here I am writing this blog entry about how inferior it was to the movie. The book read more like a diary. There were very boring accounts of every little experience in Italy. I really thought I'd identify with the book because I've been to Italy and have lived in a European country. If the book had focused more on the cultural aspect of the experience I may have enjoyed it more. But, it did have some recipes that looked (and sounded) tasty. Bottom line: watch the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment